Friday, 8 March 2013

Another simple crochet project finished

I'm trying to finish off all the smaller projects I've started while still plodding on with my two bigger blanket projects!
Mr B decided he would rather like to take advantage of my new crochet skills and requested a stripy scarf.
Simple?
You would think so, wouldn't you!
All he had to do was choose the colours from my not-unimpressive Stylecraft stash.
(Or if I didn't have the colours he wanted I could always order more!)


And decide which way to have the stripes.
And how wide he wanted the stripes.
And how long he wanted the scarf to be.
And this decision took MONTHS!
But eventually, with a fair bit of nagging polite reminders, a choice was made.
He is a huge Doctor Who fan, so I thought he might choose a very long, bright, multi-coloured affair!


But no....


He chose a very conservative mix of blues and greys.

 

 


 I love crocheting long rows of plain stripes!
So relaxing!


It grew quickly



And Tah Dah!
It was finished!


 




Maybe I'll make a Doctor Who scarf next time.
Just because I can!
xxx

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely scarf - the colours are great. I love my Stylecraft but am always worried when I order in case they aren't quite as they look on line - think I might inch your nifty idea! x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jane, the online colours can be very deceiving - I learnt that the hard way! Now having the colour chart makes a lot of difference and saves costly ordering errors! I got mine from Masons http://109.228.20.162/zcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_102_569_571&products_id=6874&zenid=ec6sr1i5acg66a6ktagorlqo53
      Angie x

      Delete
  2. lovely, just right for a him! Heather x

    ReplyDelete