Wednesday, 13 March 2013

52 weeks of Happy: week 10

I'm a bit late with my Happies this week - Mother-in-law is staying with us for a bit so blogging time is limited!
Last week my Happies weren't the run-of-the-mill, everyday Happies for a change.
Here they are, in chronological order!
My first Happy, which I have already written a post about, is my BIGGEST HAPPY!
It is of course, finding our puppy!


She was only born last Saturday so we won't get to bring her home for a while yet!
Judging from the facebook posts I've been reading from owners of recent acquired Airedale pups my life is going to no longer be quiet and peaceful once we bring her home! But I'm sure she will bring us much happiness!

My second big happy last week was a trip to the Derngate theatre in Northampton on Wednesday to see the Beatles!


 Not the real Beatles of course!


 These are the Bootleg Beatles


And they are very, very good!
This was the second time we've been to see them, and we will definitely go again next time they are in this area!

My third happy last week was our monthly 'Drinking Club' meeting! 
There are twelve couples here in the village who meet up once a month on a Friday evening in each others' houses for drinks. Some couples have lived in the village all their lives, and others, like us, have only moved here recently - so we were very honoured to be invited to join! It's great fun!
But no photo I'm afraid!

My fourth Happy of course has to be Mothers Day, when all the family came here to Poppy Cottage for lunch! 
Mr B and I made the main course - a choice of fish pie or beef wellington (or in some cases a bit of both!!!)



 They don't really go together well on the same plate though!!
And the girls brought starters and puddings.
 And Miss M made a lovely cake with Maltesers on top!


Hmm, not much left!
We were completely stuffed by the end!!
And of course I had some gorgeous Mothers day present too! A lovely scarf, two lots of flowers, some pretty little daffodils in a pot, and even the promise of a spa treatment! How spoilt am I?





Wishing you all a week full of Happiness
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow you were spoilt, lots of lovely flowers and a malteser cake, sounds like a great day, and a spa treatment to come - heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie - new follower here. No wonder you are so excited about your new puppy, thought of names yet for her? Will call in again soon. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard Karen! I'm off to visit your blog right now!
      Angie x

      Delete