Comfort zone?
Me?
What comfort zone?
Those of you who have been following my fairly new venture into the world of crochet will know that I absolutely LOVE stripes, completely HATE crocheting blocks (and detest sewing them together even more!) and have to, yes absolutely HAVE TO, mix and match my colours very, VERY carefully!
Well...
I suddenly, inexplicably, got the urge to crochet some granny squares!
It was partly because I had lots of scraps of yarn left over from other projects...
And partly because I'd read about so many of you using a Join-as-you-go method...
And partly because I have a huge stash of Stylecraft DK in almost all the colours available which is crying out to be used!
And, I admit, because looking at everyone else's stunning granny square blankets I just WANTED TO!
So...
I started off with a couple of plain squares, thinking of making an Elmer-style blanket.
Then I experimented with multi-coloured squares...
A few more...
Getting more adventurous with colour!
I found the starting off of each square a bit fiddly, and it makes my hands and fingers ache a bit if I do too many at once!
I found the joining in of new colours a bit tedious at first..
But then I found myself suddenly completely HOOKED!
I can't stop!
And the JAYG method is BRILLIANT!
So, I'm making another blanket! I'm using 14 different, but random, colours - honestly, I didn't carefully match them!
Crazy indeed!
But - and this is where you will recognise me and my need to be too perfect -
1. No two adjacent squares can have the same colour (except if I make a mistake of course!!)
2. Every centre square is edged in the same neutral colour (parchment)
3. The centre of each square in the group of 9 is a different colour (again, assuming I don't make a mistake!)
I will probably use parchment to join each block of 9 together at the end as well!
Oh, and I've even been asked to make another crazy crochet blanket for Mr R!
But the most important thing?
I'M LOVING IT!!!!!!!
Not of course that I've entirely given up on my carefully chosen colour stripe addiction....
So here's a little peek at my current ripple blanket!
Crazy, crazy crochet lady
xxx















oh yes building up to lots of work in progress! Heather x
ReplyDeleteOh there's more, believe me, Heather, lots more! Just haven't posted about it yet!
DeleteAngie x
Ah yes, and so it begins. Welcome to the granny love! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the little peek of the ripple blanket, the colours are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteOooh, looks like you are creating some awesome version of a Nanny McPhee Blanket! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWell you would never know that crochet was a new venture for you - this blanket is going to be lovely. I've never quite mastered the join as you go method but from looking at yours I think it's worth another try. Keep going!
ReplyDelete