Monday, 22 October 2012

Crochet crazy

As promised, a crochet update!
Not that there has been a lot of progress in that department (or any other department come to think of it!)
With my ripple complete at last....
 (and very cosy and snuggly it is too!) ... it was time to look at my other WIPs...


Little Woollie's crochet along...I'm ashamed to say I don't think I've added anything to it since my last update!
The sampler blanket, just an excuse to try out lots of new stitches really!
I've added a few more rows and tried out a few more stitches....
 You may remember I ran out of the Grape yarn - well it was Karen to the rescue with a new ball so I could carry on!
And I've woven in all my ends!
I'm afraid to say the sides are very wibbly-wobbly in and out so edging it could be a bit tricky!

Knitting - a cushion I started nearly two years ago - haven't touched it since I learnt to crochet!

With all my lovely new colours I was itching to make lots of things, and got a bit overwhelmed I think! I'd done the ripple in red and beige, and the crochet along and sampler blanket are both in pinks, so I wanted a change.

I did make a tiny granny stripe blanket, mainly to work in some different colours and to try to practise and hopefully improve my edging skills!
 I used blues to match Wooster (the siamese cat)'s eyes - and it ended up as a blanket for the cats!
Well, they always sleep on my crochet anyway!

I tried out a pretty lacy pattern from my crochet book - thought it might be nice for a scarf.
It was fun to do but I think I went wrong at the beginning so I abandoned it! Maybe I'll start it again when I'm feeling less stressed!

Then I thought I'd have a go at a nice easy granny square blanket, just for fun!
I have read many of you talk about crocheting in the car (presumably when someone else is doing the driving!) so thought I'd give it a go while Mr B was driving as we took Miss M home last night.
Well..
I don't know if it's Mr B's driving, (too fast!) or the winding, bumpy country roads, but by the time we got Miss M home I was feeling pretty sick and headachy!
And the resulting granny square looked pretty poorly too!
Never again!
That's it, trying to hide among the rest of my bits and pieces!
Do you want a closer look?
Luckily it is out of focus and you can't see how bad it is!
So anyway, I started another square when I got home..
Looking much better!
By the way, did you spot the lovely little zippy bag by my WIPs?
It matches my lovely lined basket on one side
And has elephants on the other (Did I mention that I LOVE elephants?)
And of course it's beautifully lined in the same fabrics!
It is soooo useful to keep all my crochet bits and bobs in!
Guess who made it for me?
Isn't it lovely?
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, who has the fastest moving crocheting fingers of all time? Yes you Angie. i love my pile of Stylecraft too. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of fabulous crochet! You're steaming ahead on the mixed stitch stripey blanket, it's looking gorgeous. I'm getting my head around the Catherine Wheel stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely yarny projects on the go! A girl after my own heart. You can never have too many WIPs is how I feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow some wonderful projects x

    ReplyDelete