Friday, 14 September 2012

A little more about me and mine...


Well, this is about normal for me, having planned on spending the day working on the garden I’ve ended up spending the whole morning on the computer!

 It took me a while to set up the blog, and now I think I’ve finally got it set up the way I want it! But of course that might all change in time!

 So, a little bit more about me…

I have three grown up children, all living in Milton Keynes, and a lovely (most of the time) 12-year-old granddaughter who officially lives in MK but is usually to be found here in my little cottage at weekends and holidays!

 I also have three gorgeous cats:
 
 
Maddie, the beautiful ginger tabby, also known as ‘Ginge’, or ‘Biscuit’ or ‘Fat cat’ who is about 10 years old (about, because she was a rescue cat so we don’t know for sure, but being rather silly we have given her an ‘official’ birthday which we celebrated earlier this month!). You wouldn’t think she was 10 years old though to see her chasing her tail in the garden – that is, when she’s not sitting at the edge of the field behind us, waiting for a poor unsuspecting mouse to jump into her mouth!
 
 
Wooster is a 9 year-old blue point Siamese, usually known as ‘Wuss’ because, well, let’s not beat around the bush here, he is a terrible wuss! Scared of his own shadow, he spent the first few days after we got him hiding in the wine rack – that, and the fact that we were backwards and forwards to Worcester at the time looking at the uni with our youngest daughter, meant that the name stuck and he was officially changed from the stuck-up, unpronounceable name on his pedigree certificate to plain Wooster!
 
 
Our third cat is a Tonkinese, which if you’ve never heard of the breed, is a cross between a Siamese and a Burmese. Her name is Millie, and she is also 9 years old, and a cousin of Wooster. She is known as Millievanillie, or Millicent, or just plain Stinker! I’m afraid she is not a very good specimen of a Tonkinese, being extremely cross-eyed, and prone to a poorly tummy (hence the nickname Stinker!) – but we love her anyway!
 
Well, that'll have to do for today, I really must go out and do some weeding in my little garden - which I'll tell you all about some time!
 
Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment