Tuesday, 2 April 2013

52 weeks of happy: week 13


I hope you all had a great Easter weekend!

Last week for me started out very quietly...
I did my usual Waitrose shop on Monday, and bought some gorgeous tulips



But then my MOT ran out. 

I know, I should have known it was about to run out, but I forgot! Then couldn't get booked in for a service until today and so I was stranded at home for the rest of the week!

Not that that is any hardship of course, with all the usual crafty occupations here to keep me busy!

I did quite a bit of crochet



A lot of blogging!


Snuggled up with my latest book
Image courtesy of Amazon as I'm reading it on my Kindle!
Really enjoying this so far; I've read a lot of Barbara Erskine books and they've all been good - though some of them have been a bit scary if reading alone at night!!!

I baked some flapjacks and some Easter biscuits (sorry, all got eaten before I even thought to take a photograph!!)

I even managed a bit of painting!


I finally finished this one of the canal; it's been nearly done for weeks but the light just hasn't been good enough to paint!
Not very happy with this one, but had enough of it now!
(I've started another one of the village pub, but I'll save that for another time)

(Did you spot that there was no housework mentioned there? Tut tut!)

On Good Friday Karen and I discovered Poppy Patch - a new (to us) patchwork and quilting shop in nearby Great Doddington


We had a lot of fun choosing fabrics! Karen is going to make me a table runner and placemats!
Isn't she kind?

On Saturday Mr B and I went to a 60th birthday party at our old next-door neighbour's 


 It was the first time we'd been back to our old house (well, next door anyway!) and it felt a bit strange to park in the road and not in our old driveway!
It was lovely to see everyone again though and catch up on old times and new news!

On Sunday I was getting excited about our planned trip on Monday. 
Mr B and I managed a bit of a welly walk around the village 
Then came back and cooked rack of lamb for lunch
Delicious!

Then we prepared for Monday's trip.
Directions - how long will it take? Don't want to get lost! Don't want to be late! What time should we set the alarm for?
What do we need to take with us? Definitely a camera. Oh, and a list of questions of course!
Where were we going?
Can you guesss?
xxx






3 comments:

  1. Nope - no idea! You sound far more prepared than we usually are though - our preparations are usually more like this 'head for the motorway and come off at a junction, twenty something, I think , then follow signs, you can't go wrong'. Invariably we get lost but we never learn! Looking forward to finding out where you ended up x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy week! I'm a convert to tulips and now each year we have to buy lots of new bulbs to add to our garden collection - yours are such striking colours. I love your canal picture, would love to be able to paint - can just about manage to decorate the house! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tulips Angie, lovely and your crochet is looking great too.
    You do lovely paintings. Hmmm I wonder where you are going?
    Look forward to seeing ☺☺ As you will see on my blog we go away a LOT
    so real honed in on this packing scene lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete